Me in 10 seconds.
I have a diverse background and work history. Here's a summary.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours) from La Trobe University in my hometown of Melbourne, Australia. Interned in a large hospital on graduating.
- Worked for one of the largest hospital networks in Australia treating on the stroke and head/neck cancer wards.
- Eventually my clinical load split—I worked part time treating patients and part time doing medical research and other special projects.
- Always knew I'd go back to university at some point. After much reflection, I enter the MBA program at Deakin University in Melbourne. I wanted to pursue a career change away from clinical work. I wanted to explore more creative pursuits.
- Post MBA I worked as a management consultant in healthcare.
- Trained classical ballet dancer. Came to New York on a whim to train at the Alvin Ailey School for three months. During that time I was offered a marketing role at a healthcare startup. In 2012 I moved to New York permanently.
- Worked on a project alongside Google using Google technology to connect a database of therapists with patients.
- I've been a writer on and off for years. I've published essays on marketing on blogs for Hubspot and Startup Grind on Medium.
- Invited to take on an inaugural digital marketing role for an Australian technology services firm in New York with a focus on B2B in the financial space.
- Accepted a digital marketing role in January 2017 at a large financial firm in New York. Focusing on content strategy and execution of a monthly email communication to over a million customers.